Applying to the MA in Filmmaking
Step 1: Application form
You can fill out the application form by clicking on the link below.
Click here to fill out the application form.
Step 2: Supporting documents
Once you have filled out and submitted your online application, please begin the process to submit the required supporting documents. Your documents should be emailed or scanned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about sending supporting documents or any other application questions, please contact the registrar at the following address: email@example.com
The following supporting documents are required after your application form has been received:
- A recent CV;
- Your previous diplomas from a university or accredited institution;
- A written Reflective Essay of 500 words (+/-10%) addressing one of the following topics:
- Reflect on a film project that you were involved in,
- Analyse a film you’ve seen in the last year that inspires you;
- A written Learning Plan that briefly outlines your chosen focus of study, skills development, activities and resources to develop your knowledge (Download Learning Plan Here)
- A sample of previous creative work in which you undertook a key creative role. This sample is not being evaluated or graded. It is meant to indicate an approximate current level of skill, and show your creative voice.
Other supporting evidence may be requested by the Programme Registrar, if applicable:
- English language certification: for candidates whose previous qualifications were earned outside of the United Kingdom and/or in a language other than English, the Programme requires a proof of English language level, such as IELTS Academic, with a 6.0 average, with a minimum of 6.0 in reading and writing.
- Proof of UK residency: for candidates applying to the London-based delivery who are not U.K. nationals: proof of residency in the United Kingdom for the anticipated duration of your studies.
You may begin to submit supporting documents only after you have submitted the online application form. If you have questions about any of the above document submissions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may be required by the Programme to send further supporting documents as well.
Please send all your supporting documents by the application deadline.
Step 3: Application interview
Upon completion of steps 1 and 2, you will be asked to an application interview. The interview will take place online, with the Programme Director and another member of Faculty. The aim of the application interview is to assess the following points:
- Your learning objectives. Do you have clearly defined learning goals?
- Your learning pathway. Do those learning objectives translate into a clear learning pathway within our framework?
- Transferrable skills, technical management, analytical abilities, academic skills, communication skills, time management.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email email@example.com